Sticky buttons are a common problem with PlayStation controllers, and the PS5 controller is no exception. If your PS5 controller buttons are sticky, there are a few things you can do to try to fix the problem.
Identify the sticky buttons
The first step is to identify which buttons are sticky. Once you know which buttons are affected, you can start to troubleshoot the problem.
Clean the buttons
The most common cause of sticky buttons is dirt and grime. To clean the buttons, you can use a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol. Be careful not to get too much alcohol on the swab, as this can damage the controller.
Once you have cleaned the buttons, try them out to see if they are still sticky. If they are, you may need to repeat the process.
Check for debris
If the buttons are still sticky after cleaning them, there may be debris stuck underneath them. To check for debris, you will need to open up the controller.
To open the controller, you will need a T8 Torx screwdriver. Unscrew the two screws on the back of the controller and then gently pry the two halves of the controller apart.
Once the controller is open, you can check for debris underneath the buttons. If you find any debris, use a cotton swab or a toothpick to remove it.
Lubricate the buttons
If the buttons are still sticky after cleaning them and checking for debris, you may need to lubricate them. To lubricate the buttons, you can use a small amount of white lithium grease.
Apply a small amount of grease to the underside of the buttons and then work it into the button mechanism. Be careful not to use too much grease, as this can make the buttons sluggish.
Reassemble the controller
Once you have lubricated the buttons, reassemble the controller and screw it back together.
Test the buttons
Once the controller is reassembled, test the buttons to see if they are still sticky. If they are not, you have successfully fixed the problem.
If the buttons are still sticky after following all of the steps above, you may need to replace the buttons.
Here are some additional tips for fixing sticky buttons on your PS5 controller:
- Use a microfiber cloth to clean the buttons. Microfiber cloths are soft and non-abrasive, so they will not damage the buttons.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals or cleaners on the buttons. These chemicals can damage the buttons and make the problem worse.
- If you are opening up the controller to clean the buttons, be careful not to damage the internal components.
- If you are lubricating the buttons, use a small amount of white lithium grease. White lithium grease is a non-conductive lubricant that will not damage the controller.
- If you are unable to fix the sticky buttons on your PS5 controller, you may need to contact Sony for support.
Here are some additional tips for preventing playstation controller sticky button:
- Keep your controller clean and dry. Avoid eating or drinking while using your controller.
- If you spill something on your controller, wipe it up immediately.
- Don’t leave your controller in hot or humid environments.
- Take breaks from gaming to give your hands and controller a rest.
Here are some additional tips for preventing sticky buttons on your PS5 controller:
- Keep your hands clean and dry when using the controller.
- Avoid eating or drinking while using the controller.
- Store the controller in a cool, dry place when you are not using it.
- Clean the controller regularly with a microfiber cloth.
Sticky buttons are a common problem with PlayStation controllers, but there are a few things you can do to try to fix the problem. By following the tips above, you should be able to fix the sticky buttons on your PS5 controller and get back to gaming.